| PROPOSAL GUIDELINES FOR
SEABURN WISDOM BOOK SERIES
|1) Seaburn Books is seeking to publish a series of ten books, each of which will deal with the life, thought, and contemporary relevance of one of the world’s great philosophers.
Each book thus should be divided into these three sections.
2) While each book should be scholarly, we are asking that the primary focus be accessibility to the average reader. Seaburn is hoping to make the great ideas palatable to the general public. Our purpose is to disseminate knowledge in an enjoyable manner, not to perpetuate the obfuscation which is all too common in academic writing. In order to implement this policy footnotes should be avoided.
3) The ten philosophers who are to comprise the subject matter for the series are the following:
1) Plato 6) Rene Descartes
2) Aristotle 7) Hume
3) Augustine 8) Kant
4) Thomas Aquinas 9) Heidegger
5) Machiavelli 10) Sartre
4) The prospective author should consult the guidelines for submission at
5) Anyone interested in submitting a manuscript for submission should first